Friday, March 13, 2009

'Scrambled' sentiments from a 'poached' mind...

(Read - as in eggs :D)

Its been three and a half months since I came to this legendary city of Bentonville (legendary?LOL..ofcourse...!! :D) in the 'Natural state' of Arkansas in US. Suddenly, yesterday ,my mind alarm started beeping away, 'ki..ki..ki..buddy..Its late...'ki..ki..ki', you have to write a new post..ki..ki..ki..ki' . All efforts to snooze it , turned out fruitless and the annoyingly loud cacophony set about blaring away incessantly. When the kki...keeing got overboard , I sat up in my bed and decided to switch it off by writing a new post :). So , Here we go..'On your marks get, set... Ki...Ki.. :D'.

For the past week, my roomie had been complaining of severe toothache. Her wisdom teeth had decayed and had to be removed permanently .She was very disquieted and anxious about loosing her teeth and went on cribbing about this. By losing her wisdom teeth,may be she thought she will lose her wisdom altogether??:roll:. But then she dint know that people like me existed. I never had a wisdom teeth in my entire life!! :roll:. Thats probably why I am so 'un-wisdomed' all the time :D. The doctor gave her an appointment for the wisdom-toothectomy about 6 days later. Since she couldnt have solid food in the night, she stopped having dinner and starved every night. So,I asked her to take some rasam rice, grind it in the mixie and take it semi-solid. Maybe she was lazy , she never did anything about it and went on starving. I decided to put an end to this and so, while she was on the phone in her room, I made rasam rice, ground it in the mixie and served it in a bowl like we serve 'payasam'. I garnished it with a slice of tomato,lime,carrot and coriander and placed it in the table with a knife and fork beside :D. Later on in a piece of paper I wrote down,

'Rasam Pudding': yummy dish, especially for 'to-be-wisdom-tooth-challenged' people :D,
left it beside the dish and went on for my work-out session. When I came back, the so called 'pudding' was gone and she had left a note that read : 'Thanks a ton!! I loved it. I must have done it before i guess :)' . It was probably something insignificant but I am sure it brought a smile to her face. It definitely made some difference to her that day. Thats all I wanted.

On the same day, I was sitting in the living room of my apartment and chatting with a few of my college pals. It was about 12:45 in the night and sleep was slowly starting to wash away my senses(I do have a bit of it :D). So, I decided it was enough for the day and was about to log out. Out of the blue, one of my school mates logged in and said hi. Since he was a very close friend of mine I decided to hang on for a few more minutes.He said he was in a hospital in bangalore, outside the operation theatre. He had admitted his wife for a Caesearean operation and was waiting for the much awaited news. None of his relatives were there to help him out and hence he was there all alone outside the OT. Though he told me that he wasnt tensed, I could detect that he was slightly nervous (obviously!!). Since there wasn't anyone around, he had logged in to chat in his iPhone and here was I supporting him from a godforsaken place in the US. Wow...Technology has it owns advantages!! , I thought. My moral support continued for another 20 minutes, during which he gave a running commentary of the people going in and out of the OT. In the end , it was a boy. Both mother and child were healthy and my 'operation support' ended on a happy note :). It was indeed a unique experience for me. Or maybe should I say unforgettable. Yes. That would be the right word.

I have said enough, I think :). BTW, folks, I am happy in bentonville. Its not like I am so dejected and depressed. Just a bit bored. Thats all. Being bored really helped.Dint it? Thats why I could hound you guys with a slightly 'senti' post :).

P.S: I did all the 'suthification' in just one month during december and happened to visit washigton D.C, Los Angeles, Las vegas and san francisco.After a month of tooooooo much of activity, there has been absolutely no activity for the past two months. Maybe thats why I am so bored now :D

2 comments:

Ram said...

Indeed a legendary city ;). Just passing thru but had to comment after seeing this post.

Balaji Srinivasan said...

Time to bring the blog back to life :)