Monday, April 17, 2017

The Road


Dedicated to everyone who is facing some struggle in life.  When there is a "down" , there needs to be an "up" soon. Everything passes and nothing stays.

The Road

This road has been excruciatingly long
I have walked its entire span step after step 

This road has been dark
Getting only darker by the day
I have groped around in its eerie nothingness, fell, got back up and continued on

This road has been lonely
As Lonely as it can get
The Loneliness itself, my only companion
I have hollered , begged and yelled only to be slapped back into its solitary depths

This road seems to lead nowhere
I have explored all of its forks and wandered through its wretched vastness, only to find my way back to where I began

This road has been hopeless
Just when I thought I saw the end, it was just an illusion
I have struggled and battled in its never ending misery - trying to find a way out again and again
My silent pleas of mercy, calls for help were never heard.
My resources were dwindling - every wee bit of it
I was exhausted. I was ready to let the road take over and then just then , omg - omfucking god - I see light- I see company- I see the end and I see hope.

The road does exist. The struggle is real.
But then so was the HOPE that kept me going.
Just Keep walking...Just Keep walking..

1 comment:

Balaji Srinivasan said...

Keep on walking and you might bump into me one day. I am on this excruciatingly long road too, battling the same demons. :-)

This fan is glad that you have resumed writing. :-)

Cheers,
B